So that 12 year friendship ended for all of a week and a half, if even that. Things are still a little rocky there. This was my ex, btw. Her cat died and I knew the cat since she first got it back in what...2002, 2003? I was a little shaken by the news so we started talking again.
Blah blah blah.
First Saturday of November, she texts me around mid-day and says her back hurts. Evening comes and I get another text saying she's at the hospital waiting to be diagnosed. At this point my friends Mike and Seth are over my house helping me with various things (installing a new laser in my PS3 which ended up being a dude, and setting up a new PC). She texts me again. She has a kidney stone. Great.
My mom had one in the spring time, then it came back in the summer, so I told her and had her call my ex to kind of compare notes I guess.
A few days pass. The ex's mom posted early the next week on facebook that the pain was too great and now she's in the hospital. A few more days pass and suddenly she's in the ICU. Official freak-out time! I visited her on Friday, which I believe was her first full day in ICU. I was a bit concerned, seeing her like that. IVs in both arms, oxygen mask, the whole fucking deal. I got there just as they served her lunch, which she barely touched. She was coughing up some blood and a few times she took the mask off to blow her nose, which led to more blood. She started nodding off after she told me that they'd given her morphine the night before. She stayed up long enough for me to give her a hug and a kiss on the forehead, then I left.
I walked to Mike's house and stayed at his place until Sunday. My mom and stepdad picked me up and we went to visit her again. She was in a different room and thankfully she didn't have the IVs anymore. She had the mask if she needed it but she didn't use it when we were there.
She got out on Monday. Her brother's girlfriend posted on facebook that she was getting out and I hopped on the first bus that came by and waited with the brother's girlfriend for her to get home. She was surprised to see me.
So what the fuck happened?
Well, it turns out the kidney stone somehow got dislodged from her kidney and blocked off the passage to her bladder, so they had to put a stent in. There was also a real nice infection caused by all of that.
Oh, I would like to take this time to point out that this hospital sucks big fat cock.
Why do they suck big fat cock? I'm glad you asked. The ex has an underactive thyroid. If you want to know what that entails, please research it. The one key point about all this is, is that they should not have given her morphine. Morphine and an underactive thyroid could have caused her heart to slow to the point where it could have stopped. She could have died. Anyway...they gave her blood thinners which gave her a nosebleed. She swallowed some of the blood, which is where coughing it up came from. The thing is, these people were so stupid that they thought she had a blood clot in her lung.
She still has the stent in. She still has the stone floating around in there somewhere. She can get the stent removed but her 2.5 jobs aren't making her enough money to take care of that.
And my comic story will still go on unhindered.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment