I will now attempt to pull back the curtain and look inside my own head to see what goes on in there during a standard day. Well, the stuff that doesn't deal with video games or "problems" one and two.
A few times on the Word Balloon podcasts, Brian Michael Bendis has said that he doesn't get writer's block, which is probably why he's so far ahead on his books. I don't get it either.
My problem is I end up with TOO MANY ideas in too short a span of time to be able to write them down in a book or in a word document or on a website. Each of them zips by my consciousness like a flash on a camera. It's there, and then it's gone. Words, ideas, phrases, images. They go by too fast for me to dwell on one for long.
I can never just relax because my mind won't let me. I'm always thinking of something. Always worrying. Always asking "What if this happened instead of that" or "What if I'd said this instead of that." These things I have no control over take over the forefront of my thoughts, even when I don't want them to. "Whatever happened, happened." Let it go. Focus. Pull an idea from the ether and run with it. Write the hell out of it and don't look back.
This is my life.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment